Location/Target Area/Geographical area of implementation: Rawalpindi
Project duration: 21st January, 2010 to 20th Sept, 2010
Name of Donor agency/ funding source: UN-HABITAT
Project Cost PKR: 4135000
Key Outputs/ Deliverables: Rehabilitation of Filtration Plants, Women Empowerment in decision Making, Capacity building of WASA, TMAs, Training of Tube Well Operators, Waste Management technology, Clean Drives
Pakistan is one of those countries where open defecation is very high because the rural communities are still unaware of basic health facilities. The lack of water, soap, washrooms, medical facilities and awareness made things more complicated and dangerous. Some of children and adults are suffering from diarrhea, dysentery, typhoid and eye infections due to the unhygienic conditions.
FF is committed to deliver the quality water for drinking to its communities through an approach “behaviors & attitudes change” of the primary target group i.e. women, men and children and other indirect groups to reduce water borne diseases, especially diarrhea in children aged less than 5.
FF delivers services for safe drinking water as under
- Installation & Rehabilitation of Hand Pumps
- Installation & Rehabilitation of Filtration plants
- Hygiene Promotion activities
- Hygiene session with school children, Women & Men
- Street Theaters to promote Hygiene Practices
- Installation & Rehabilitation of Latrines
- Distribution of IEC Material, Jerry Cans, Water Cooler and Hygiene Kits.